After a storm, it is vital to check your home and property as soon as possible. If you find that you did suffer damage, it is in your best interest to file a homeowners insurance claim as soon as possible.
PHILADELPHIA, PA, September 11, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ — After a storm, it is vital to check your home and property as soon as possible. If you find that you did suffer damage, it is in your best interest to file a homeowners insurance claim as soon as possible. Typically, homeowners insurance claims are pretty simple, but if there was flooding it could be a little trickier.
The federal government manages flood insurance, so the filing and processing of any claims related to flooding could take much longer than other claims through your homeowners insurance policies.
What do Public Adjusters Do?
Public adjusters are responsible for evaluating the extent of damage to a home after an incident like a fire or storm. The public adjuster will evaluate property loss on behalf of a policyholder and help them file insurance claims in exchange for a fee. They work for you, not the insurance company and can save you a lot of money and stress by ensuring your insurance company is paying the full amount under your policy.
The quality and experience of public adjusters vary, so select a public adjusting firm carefully.
Follow these tips to find a professional public adjuster
1) Get referrals. You can find adjusters in your area through the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters.
2) Make sure the adjuster is licensed in your state. Many state insurance departments, which regulate public insurance adjusters, let you verify licenses online.
3) Check if any complaints have been filed with the Better Business Bureau.
4) Ask for references and check at least three if possible.
5) Read the contract and understand the fees before hiring the adjuster.
6) Stay away from anyone demanding an upfront fee or pressuring you to sign a contract. Disasters bring out scam artists — unqualified people who pose as public adjusters and take advantage of vulnerable people.
7) Visit the company’s website, a legitimate public adjusting company will have a website. If they do not, it could be a red flag indicating the firm is not legitimate.
About Community Public Adjusters
Community Public Adjusters is a property loss consulting firm headquartered in New Jersey. We have additional offices located throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Texas, and Florida. Community Public Adjusters specializes in homeowners and business insurance claim representation.
We work hard for you to make sure you get the best possible settlement from the insurance company for your property loss claim.
After damage from severe storms in Pennsylvania or New Jersey, please contact Community Public Adjusters and schedule a free property loss consultation. Call toll free at 215-757-7100 or visit their website.
We represent home and business owners and have vast experience with the following types of claims
Fire and smoke damage claims
Water damage claims
Flood damage claims
Theft and vandalism damage claims
Snow and ice damage claims
Building collapse claims
Wind and hail damage claims
Catastrophic damage claims
Blown off shingles & siding
All plumbing leaks
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here